Monday, April 2, 2012

Bye 017

On this day of your life, Silverin, we believe God wants you to know ... that you can't rid the world of sorrow, but you can choose to live in joy.
Sorrow is with us not because we are bad at stopping it, but simply because it's part of being human. What matters is not whether good or bad things happen - both will, but your relationship to them. Just think back over the last 24 hours, - what had you taken hard that you could have taken lightly?
Last night pastor preached about not believing in horoscope. How about the above application? Isn't it something similar, just coated with a different name?
Anyway, dear friends, especially my course mates (if you still follow my blog, because we started blogging during Dr. Edwin's literature class, fun! miss him!), today my maxis number is officially terminated. So, contact my Digi number, or via Facebook Message, since that's free. 

How many of you still use SMS or call? With whatsapps, Facebook, and Twitter, it downs to that my friendships are getting less deep, though wider in numbers. When is the last time you received a hand written letter? Do you still keep it?

Mine was during my first year in college. Pam and I poured out of feelings and the feelings traveled through the sky and reached our mail boxes. I don't know about guys, but I think most girls would be secretly happy when there's something for us at the mail box, be it a box of chocolate, or a card. It sent a strong message: that someone out there is thinking of you, and willing to take the trouble to prepare, pack and post =)

Back to the question above:

2 comments:

  1. Jie,

    I have also been starting to write my letters by hand actually. I just feel that pen and paper carries more weight than the conventional e-mail and SMSes. I feel that the conventional way of communication nowadays waters down the significance of the feelings people trying to communicate to the other.

    Or maybe it is because I am a writer. Maybe it is because, I have been made and designed to be a writer in the first place - and I find God, myself, and the harmony between the two as I put my eyes, ears and heart on the paper.

    Still, regardless of the reason... There's no better way for writing than to get it done the old fashioned way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yo!

      I still keep the letter you wrote at Cameron Camp :) with a poem lagi ;)

      Delete