Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Learning together.

Read from a study somewhere that women are better at multitasking than men.  Do you agree?

Am currently updating my blog while waiting for the journals to be printed out.

Today is the 6th day of our second semester.  Two presentations to go tomorrow and yes, we are really exhausted. 

For this semester (5 weeks), we are doing 4 subjects:

1) Grammar for English by Dr. Mazura @ Mastura Muhammad
2) Methods and Materials for ESL Teaching by Dr. Intan Safinas Mohd Ariff AlBakri
3) Issues in Teaching and Learning of Literature by Dr Lajman Janoory
4) Issues in Applied Linguistics by Dr. Wan Mazlini Othman

Just a little sharing and memory-jotting of my experience here at UPSI (University Putra Sultan Idris, Tanjung Malim, Perak)

I always find it a challenge to teach my students Grammar, especially the weaker students.  Dr Mazura totally changed my views on Grammar by making the lessons so lively!  Yes, we do have to revise all the terminologies, and more in-depth.  And yes, she cleared many of our doubts.  I especially fancy the ice breaking activity and group tasks.  Super 7 consists of young Dinesh, humble Bannecy and generous Azizi,  and I.

I love all these 4 lecturers.  Dr Intan is really a gem!  She makes the lesson appears stress-free yet at the same time, her in-depth knowledge of the subject matter, her soft spoken nature, her effective way of summarizing the heavy materials just make me admire more each day!  The way she encourages us and uses Krashen's theory to remind us of the importance of lowering down learner's affective filter so learning could take place effectively, is something I must apply in my classroom.

Would love to write more. But my shoulders are yelling for the bed.  Good night.

Learning, like friendship, gets more intriguing and meaningful when we plant the seed of love in it. - JY  



No comments:

Post a Comment