Sunday, August 12, 2012

Give Thanks =)

Since 5 years ago,
I've always thought of applying
the things I learned at church
AT school.

Yesterday is Gratitude Day
I asked my kids to write a poem
Starting with the two-words 'Thank You'
and counting their blessings.
8 blessings and into 8 stanzas.
Had fun reading their poems while understand them a bit better :)

Have you count your blessings recently?

Thank You Lord
for blessing me with a challenging job which I so loved
for placing me here at Kapit, surrounded by mother nature and friends
for the opportunity in being a Sunday School teacher (getting to love this too)
for my students who can be naughty yet adorable
for the pain and tears that make me a stronger person

for considerate Sam who cooks dinner with a joyful heart
for buddy Yvonne who is distanced, but always there for each other
for ex Andrew who loved and left
for gorgeous Pamela who is leaving but will always be my buddy
for knowledgeable Malcolm who claims to be egoistic, but in opinion, very generous
for helpful Catherine who shares God's words and gives counsel
for superwoman Pastor Yu who inspires us to be ladies in God's image
for handsome Nong who encourages and very committed to teaching
for charming Jarod encourages, advises and is a man of actions
for patient John who listens and prays for me

for my mummy who is my best friend and best counsel
for my daddy who loves me wholeheartedly like no other men
for my sister who is my role model and someone I respect
for my koko who is maturing into a fine young man
for my baby niece Xin Yu for bringing so much joy into our family
for my brother in law who is a good husband to sister
for my future sister in law whom we are proud of

last but not least,
for shaping me into the woman I am today.

- grateful JY




2 comments:

  1. ....and for Wilson who is always spying on my blog and leaving behind a comment whenever he is free. xD

    HAHAHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, so you are one of those 'viewers'. haha. Thanks to Wilson who for giving me his grand prize for the bible knowledge competition. :)

      Delete