Tuesday, February 7, 2012

First Week of Teaching

A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives—of approving of some and disapproving of others.
Charles Darwin (1809-1882)






thus, (to kill boredom), the topic of tonight's entry will be "Reflecting on My Past Actions"

1.  Scolded my Form 1K today.  Two girls were tickling each other while I was teaching "Negative Statements".  I stern at them twice yet they did not stop.  Their distracting actions got on my nerves, thus, I raised my voice, and surprisingly, the entire class went dead silence. Wee~! Peaceful lesson for the next half an hour.

2.  Discipline teacher entered my sit in class and pinched a naughty boy's ear.  Students obediently went back to their seats and I was amazed by how his presence can cast a magic silencing spell on these talkative bunch of kids.

Many senior teachers warned my repeatedly that Love Education DOES NOT work. 

Even my supervisor back in University penalized me for being too kind to the students until they will climb over my head. Reflection?

#1  Be stingy with smiles.

#2  Make a seating arrangement name list and call out their names when we need their attention.

#3  Praise them for the good things they've done BEFORE highlighting areas they need to improve on.

Good night Blog =) 32 days to see Baby Xin Yu~! (^_^)




1 comment:

  1. Too much love caused noise pollution in my class. I hate to use spanking as it will lower down their IQ! Shall I tell my kids about this? Haha..

    ReplyDelete