Thursday, July 12, 2012

3:00 a.m.

My first long dress, Penny Chiffon Maxi Dress - Beige Grape POPPY, arrived safely and welcomed with a cheerful heart :)

What do you think? Not too ah-ma-ish I hope?
 Went to the library this afternoon, and spotted this jewel! *wink*




Wondering if I should ship in a copy from Amazon..there's a 6th edition :)

Woke up in the middle of the night, again. 1:42am. It's the 3rd time this month. *dislike*

Oh ya, all English teachers in Malaysia will have to sit for Cambridge Placement Test. Wonder if that is reason that I've trouble sleeping. Anyway, since the connection is good at this hour, I tried out the demo test.
http://www.democpt.cambridgetest.org/cptApp/demoTest.html?method=languageSelection

The demo set was not hard; but the challenging part I heard is that we've to answer 178 objective, reading and listening questions in 30 minutes time. Will have a in-house training sometime next week.

After reading Mr Jarod Yong's blog entry on Philippines, I came across this:

http://thestar.com.my/education/story.asp?file=/2012/6/3/education/11334087&sec=education

The Kuching native, 27, says his students have become more confident conversing in English, especially those who have been learning with Yong since Form One.
“They can speak English fluently with me with the occasional Bahasa Malaysia when they don’t know the words in English,” he shares.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“My students love learning English and will often try to speak English with me outside the classroom, to the amazement of senior students who are unable to do so.
“In the end, the whole school got in on it and almost every student now attempts to speak to me in English,” he says.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 “After the jogging session, I try to talk with them. Sometimes I chastise them, sometimes I praise them. I make it very clear what I expect from them both academically and discipline-wise,” he says.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's only 27 and successfully planted the love for English in the Iban kids. *admire!*

I'm also given Form 1 classes, though it's all the last few classes; but there should be hope in igniting the spark right? I can no longer use the excuse 'I'm new' as the second batch of new teachers has reported duty in May. He instilled games and his students enjoyed them; but how come mine doesn't work? On second thought, my students enjoyed Hangman this morning. I wonder if they really remember the vocabulary I introduced or were they merely guessing the alphabets for points.

Geez, it's 3 minutes to 3 a.m.  Hope to get some quality sleep as it'll be my first time being a judge for tomorrow's Chinese Speech competition. *TGIF*

2 comments:

  1. I'm not some magician who can make every activity work. Some work very well, some do not work at all while others did not work well enough.
    There is always room to improve & be creative.
    Keep innovating. I'm sure you're doing a great job at your school. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...if u wanna let go yr penny maxi dress..pls let me know ya..im interested to buy..tq

    ReplyDelete